Friday 31 July 2015

Caudalie Eau de beauté: Review/Warning



Caudalie Eau de beauté is such a hyped, cult product and I have wanted to give this a go for ages. When I was on holiday a few weeks ago in Portugal I was thrilled to find it is sold in pharmacies there. Off course I picked up a bottle- amongst other things- and gave it go when I got home. Here's what I thought...



Packaging: I really like the look of the packaging. It is simple and elegant and it looks a lot more expensive than the 10,-€ I paid for it. The pump produces a very fine mist, but often it seems to get stuck or is otherwise unable to draw up any of the product and nothing comes out. This might just be my bottle that does this, but its really annoying. Therefore, I would recommend you to test the pump before you buy it- if you still want to buy it after reading the rest of this review, that is...

Smell: The scent of this is really clean and refreshing. It is quite strong, but not too much. It would work especially well when I'm on a plane or when I'm feeling a bit ill. When I first smelled it I regretted not picking up another bottle. So, that I could have one on my desk at work for a pick me up around 4 o'clock. But that regret faded quickly...

Feel: The mist feels quite cooling when you spray it on your face at first, but then... IT STINGS! Oh my god, it felt wrong right away. It burned around my eye area and on the places that were a bit sensitive, like recovering spots. I checked the ingredients right away, to find out what might have caused this. It was a bit of a shock to find out that the second ingredient on the list was alcohol. Ingredients are always listed in the order of quantity. So if alcohol is number two, chances are, there is quite a lot of it in this spray. Alcohol and skin aren't best friends. When you put alcohol on your skin it breaks down the barriers that protect the skin and keep stuff from entering it. (On a side note: This is also why its bad to clean your hands with sanitizer. In the short term some bacteria are killed, but in the long run it can lead to even more bacteria entering your skin. This makes cleaning, not so clean and rather damaging.) Even though I know all this I choose to ignore it- and the ignoring the existence of marketing and hype. I trusted my favorited beauty bloggers and YouTubers and decided to keep giving this a go.

Results: I no longer regret not buying a second bottle, but I regret buying even one! I used it for a week once a day. My skin got so irritated and inflamed. I had finally almost completen beaten my acne a while age, but it came back right away. My skin was nice and smooth and now I have breakouts, blocked pores, and dry patches (which I've never had before)- so much for Eau de beauté. I have stopped using this product and my skin is slowly recovering. But after a week of not using it, there hasn't been much improvement.

Overall: It looks great, it smells great but please do not put this on your face. If you like the scent, please use it as a room spray or pillow spray (it might actually be a great pillow spray!) but DO NOT SPRAY THIS ON YOUR FACE! Really I warn you not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment