Monday 25 February 2013

Clinique Lash Power Mascara Review

I'm in love... with a mascara! :) This product took me completely be surprise! I like to have a no make-up make-up look at work, but I'm also a huge big lash lover. I hardly leave the house without mascara. I love how it makes me look more awake and I have pretty long lashes which I like to show off ;)




Usually I like to wear volume mascaras that are creamy and have big brushes. But they cause a stark contrast with a no make-up look. So, I went in search for a more natural mascara. A make-up artist advised me this Lash Power Mascara by Clinique.


When she showed me the product I didn't really get enthusiastic about it. It has a tiny brush and a really liquid formula, which never worked for me in the past. My lashes are super fine, so with a liquid mascara they just stick together and it is spider leg central! But I'm a real pushover when it comes to make-up products, so I let her convince me and I bought it in the colour Black Onyx.

When I got home i immediately put it on and lo and behold my MUA was right! This is super!

Lashes hitting the brow- top points!

Application: You barely notice how liquid the mascara is. The brush separates the lashes superbly and gives a really natural finish. No clumping at all! Your lashed are defined and enhanced, but people have to look closely to see your actually wearing mascara. It gives only a little volume and a little length, but it does make your lashes look really, really pretty and that's just perfect for a natural look or for when your wearing a bold lip. Best of all is you can apply it in a matter of seconds, but you have to do it calmly!!! Slower is quicker in this case!

Wear: The formula holds really well, no smudging or flaking. It withstands sweat, rain and tears perfectly even though it's not a waterproof formula. I do not need to curl my lashes, but when I tried  I noticed that this mascara doesn't hold a curl very well. However it doesn't make your lashes straighten out either. They just resume their natural curl, which is fine for me.

Removal: It removes quite easily and completely with an eye make-up remover or just warm water. Not much rubbing is needed.

Overall I would give this mascara a 10 out of 10. When you want a natural look, this is the mascara for you. There a no real downsides to this mascara except that is does not hold a curl :)

Xoxo Marina

1 comment: