Thursday 18 September 2014

New season ahead! What will stay and what will go away?


It's showtime in the fashion world! So, time to evaluate which styles to say goodbye to and what to keep for the seasons to come. Here's my picks…



I like to look at pictures taken of people going to the fashion shows, before I look at what is on the runway. This gives me such a good insight in what I want to keep for seasons to come and what I'm totally bored with. When I know what to keep, I have a nice and clear head to fall in love with new styles and clothes to add to my wardrobe.

So here's some pictures of people visiting the S/S15 shows, to show you what will survive the winter and what I'm going to leave behind. The photos are taken by Jessie Bush for Vogue 


These styles/ items are gonna go for sure:

1. Things that look "badly made" or "used" when they actually cost a fortune.




2. Things that make me pay one company a few monthly salaries to wear the logo of another company.





3. Anything with random words or slogans on it!





4. Showing- or seeing for that matter- too much skin and doing it bra-less.





Basically, I guess, I'm just done with clothes that look like they're made for 15-yearolds, shown on the runway by 15-year old (looking) models, but with a price tag you can only hope to afford when you're at least 50 years old-see below.  Please, dear fashion brands when you want us to pay good money for your product, at least make it looks like should pay that much for it. 




Also, I realised, I wanted my clothes to, in the first place, do the job that I buy them for; to keep me warm (or cool) and comfortable. And I did spot quite some people wearing outfits to shows that met these demands! 

So, here's what styles I'll keep in my closet for the seasons to come:

1. Outfits like these (minus the rips in the jeans) that are comfortable and cute.




2. Forever-in-style, well-made pieces to treasure for years, like this gorgeous coat.




3. Beautifully made, airy, elegantly flowing dresses that are modest and yet super sexy.




4. Elegant, stylish, professional-looking and comfortable outfits like the one below on left. -I love that hairstyle too BTW.



Now, I can't wait for the shows to be over, so I can make a list of new items/ styles I want to introduce to my wardrobe! Mmm, I love this fashion circus!







No comments:

Post a Comment