Wednesday 7 January 2015

My 2015 New Year's Resolutions


Last year was a good year for me but I did let myself down in some areas. So, this year I decided it was necessary to make a few new year's resolutions. I hope you like them and let me know what yours are.



I'm not a big believer in new year's resolutions nor my ability to stick to them, so I tend not to make any. But as I said this year it had to be done. A while back I had to quit Gaelic football because I could no longer combine it with my day job. I really missed wearing my Holland Ladies jersey and I did want to pick up some other form of exercise, but I was lazy and just didn't. This year its my #1 resolution to start working out again. The university I work for has a gym that is free for its employees, so I have no reason not to go.

Resolution #2 is trying to eat healthier. Getting a new job last year has already improved my eating habits a lot. There are less snacks lingering around this office and I have to work a lot harder, so no snacking out of boredom either. In my previous job I needed to be in the office at 8 o'clock in the morning and I often skipped breakfast in favour of a few extra minutes in bed. Now I start at 9 and I still get out of bed at the same time as before, but now I take time to drink a cup of tea and eat my breakfast- and do my make-up for that matter :) In spite of all this improvement I feel there is a lot left to improve. More and more research points to red meat as being bad for you and saturated fats as being not so bad for you after all. Therefore, I would like to reduce my intake of red meat :( and start cooking with real butter again :) as a compromise. Also I want to drink more smoothies and juices to reach my 5 a day every day! As I was writing this I actually went to a Dutch online store to buy a smoothie maker, see below. 


source: bol.com

My #3 and final resolution is to start keeping a dairy again. I bought a notebook called One line a day. Every page is for one day of the year and it has five spaces, so you can keep this dairy for 5 years everyday revisit what you did that day in the year(s) before, which seemed like a nice idea to me. I've only been keeping this dairy for 7 days now, but if I like it and keep doing it I might do a review on it later- a lot later I suppose as it only really takes effect after you passed the first year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment