Friday 9 January 2015

My 5 favourite lip products and my 2 favourite lip looks


Now the bold lipped Christmas season is over its time for some fresh natural lip looks. At the moment my favourite looks are the "My lips but better"-look and the "Bitten lip"-look. Those two looks combined include my top 5 favourite lip products.




The "My lips but better"-look I create by first putting on the MAC Prep and Prime lip primer to prevent my lips from drying out. Than I outline my lips with the MAC Dervish Lip Liner, which can cause my lips to dry out, hence the primer. The colour of the liner is exactly the same as my lips, but with a few sparkles in it. It's incredible! I use the liner to match the colour of the outside of lips where it fades to my skin colour, to the full pink of the colour of the inside of my lips. This makes them look a bit fuller and more plump. To plump them up even more I finish this look by putting on Dior's Lip Glow which is a combination between a gloss and a balm. It looks like a gloss but feels like a balm, but it does not moisturise. On the bullet it is clear but the warmth of your lips causes it to change colour a little into something a little more pink. The result... Your lips but better.




The "Bitten lip"-look I first encountered it in South-Korea where they are huge fans of ombré lip looks. I thought it looked so sweet and fresh and was instantly in love. And what's more it is super simple to recreate. First I put on my favourite lip balm by Neutrogena to get them plump and moisturiser lips. Then I take my current favourite red lipstick the Color Riche Julianne's Red Collection Exclusive by L'Oreal and I put some of it on my fingertip and dab that on the inner half of my lip and fade it out on the outer half. This makes your lips look like you softly bit on them like a shy little girl or sexy vamp whatever suits the rest of your look :)







No comments:

Post a Comment