Monday 4 February 2013

Review: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado


I'm always searching for a better eye cream, ALWAYS! I suffer heavily from dark circles under my eyes and little wrinkles and smile lines are slowly starting to make make their appearance, so a good eye cream is certainly a big necessity for me. After reading and watching a few reviews I decided to buy the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado by Kiehl's. And here's a little review of my own :)




Packaging: The packaging is super simple. Just a little white jar with green letters that state the brand name, the product name and some information and instructions. I quite like simple packaging, because I like to spend my money on a good product rather than it's beautiful design package. I give this a ++

Price: The price is pretty steep. It costs 25 Euros for the little 14ml jar, but not so steep that I wouldn't repurchase when it does the job. +/_

Promise: This product doesn't make big promises. There are no tricky formulated claims nor big talks about research that is either self-reviewed or just in vitro and all that kind off woowoo. It just says it will moisturise the delicate under eye area and that's that. +

Look, Smell and Feel: It has a strange green colour that makes it look more avocadowy, but I couldn't care less about the colour. It doesn't seem to contain any perfume and smells simply creamy. The consistency is very thick, but quickly becomes water-like when you warm it up between your fingers, which i really like, because it helps with applying. +

Use: In the morning I wash my hands then rinse my face with micellar water on a cotton pad. This leaves my face so smooth and soft I don't need a moisturiser. My under eye area is really delicate and problematic (dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines), so I really do need an eye cream. I take just a tiny bit on the tip of one of my ring fingers then I warm it up between my two ring fingers till it gets more liquid then I softly pad it on my under eye area and under my eyebrows. What is left on my fingers I pad into my cheeks. It spreads out nicely and applying is all very easy. ++

Results: Well, it does what it says. It moisturises my eyes perfectly. This alone reduces the lines under my eyes, for as far as I have them, and it prevents smile lines from appearing. It does nothing for my dark circles, but it does make my concealer perform better. It is easier to apply my concealer and it sits nicely on the cream all day long. You do have to make sure nothing gets on your lashes though, for that will make your mascara smudge a lot more! ++

Repurchase: Mmmm, I think I will but I'm not sure yet. 

Full ingredients list:  Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Metylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI 75130/Beta-Carotene


All in all, a simple cream that is a good moisturiser, that does what is says and even more. It's a bit on the pricey side, but it's a good cream and if moisture is what you need it's definitely worth it. So, far I would say I will repurchase, unless I run into a better eye cream, which might just happen as my search always continues :)

Hope u guys liked the review and when you know a good cream and think I should try it, please let me know!!!

Xoxo Marina





No comments:

Post a Comment