Wednesday 6 November 2013

Face Fascination: Men with Beards


BEARDS ARE BACK!!!




You can't deny it anymore "Beards Are Back". First came the hipsters, then the celebs, but now the sportsmen have taken up wearing beards they're everywhere! Barbershops are popping up all over the place. At the same time that men's skincare has found its way onto sideline billboards at different sports leagues, men are taking "control" of their manhood again by growing a beard. And they seem to be revelling in the fact that a man can take care of himself without being labeled as feminine anymore.

But, what do you girls think about beards?

I, myself, am not sure what to think about it yet. First you see a guy who looks better with a beard:



Then you see a guy who looks better with a clean shave:



And then there's the one who looks good anyway:



But also, beards remind me of the alcoholics behind me in line at the grocery store with their 10 cans of beer and a carton of milk- really the only other thing you buy is milk, really? You know the type, the ones who can't be bothered to hide their addiction anymore nor to shave apparently. Cheers to that!



Also for me there is a catch 22 to this matter. I think men who spend to much time grooming themselves are inherently unsexy. I'm the woman of the house, the mirror is mine. But when you don't groom beards they get ugly and not to mention dirty! So, not sexy either.

Overall I guess I'm leaning to a "no" on beards. Which is good since I don't think my man will grow one anytime soon. And he's the most manly man I ever met BTW :)

What's your opinion about beards? Should men stop shaving en masse?




No comments:

Post a Comment