Tuesday 3 December 2013

Watch out when you buy Angora wool!



 Please STOP buying products that are made with Angora wool from China!




The cute fluffy rabbits that produce the wool are not shorn but their hairs are pulled from their little bodies. In pain these rabbits scream their poor heads off. Afterwards they go into shock, which can be deadly. Furthermore, they're kept in tiny steel cages without and straw or comfort. They get plucked every 3 months for 5 years after which they probably get killed, because they are no longer necessary.




Here you can see a video of the process. I made myself watch it, because I feel I need to be aware off what happens in the world and not look away ignoring it. But I can tell it is really sad.
 
BTW the same goes for geese which are kept for their down. Their feathers are also pulled pulled from their bodies, whilst they are alive and unsedated

There are no animal welfare laws in China so its best to try to avoid all animal products from that country. I know I will anyway!



NB. H&M, PHV (Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.), Stella McCartney, Topshop, and NEXT have now stopped using this product in their collections. HURRAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment