Tuesday 15 January 2013

My 7 Desert Island Products!


7 products I couldn't live without…




BABY POWDER
Use: I use it almost every day one way or the other and I absolutely can't do without it when travelling in Asia with my backpack. Usually I use this in the morning to revive my hair on the second or third day after washing. Combined with hair spray I find it works better than a dry shampoo. It makes my hair look and smell fresh and is so easy to use. During the day I use it to take the shine of my face. Before I work out I put it on my feet and in my socks to keep my trainers fresh. Lastly, I sometimes put a little under the armpits on hot days to support my deodorant.



MAC STROBE CREAM
Use: If I don't have time or can't be bothered with putting on a full face of make-up I use this on my whole face (winter) or just my cheeks (summer) and my neck and chest. It gives me a radiant glow and makes me look a lot better in an instant. I also love to mix it with my concealer (MAC  Pro longwear concealer) to create a foundation that is better than any other I've tried. This cream is filled with vitamins and antioxidants and is supposedly great for your skin. I just love its texture and smell, plus the design of the bottle is just amazing, both it's looks and usage. I must state however, that this cream is not meant to be used every day, its ingredients are to rich for that according to MAC.



CLARINS EYE REVIVE BEAUTY FLASH BALM
Use: I have the worst dark circles ever. It's not a discolouration of my skin, I'm pretty fair, but the skin under my eyes is so thin and fair that the little blood vessels shine through. Except concealing there is not much I can do. This product reduces the dark circles a little and works great against puffiness. My concealer sit very well on it, too. It's not meant to be used every day, so I alternate between other eye creams and use this on the bad days. Overall Clarins products really don't work for me at all! But this I can't do without.



BLUSHER
Use: OMG I just couldn't live without blusher! I use this every day. Usually I put a little on in the morning and don't touch up during the day. I use it to make me look fresh in the mornings. For some reason when I wake up I'm super pale and puffy. The puffiness is usually gone when I step outside, but it takes a while for I get a little bit of colour in my face. A good bit of blusher thus keeps me from looking like a corpse when I arrive at work. Colour comes as the blusher fades. When it has disappeared after a few hours there usually seems to be little difference to what I looked like when I just put it on and I just leave it that way. I have several blushers, but the first one I've ever used and keep returning to is Maybelline. The one below is always in my staple. It's Expert Wear Rose Blush.



DIOR LIP GLOW
Use: I use this as intended, just on my lips, but for me this works as an amazing lip balm. Most lip balms cause my lips to actually DRY OUT!! After I've used them my lips somehow get dry and flaky, but this doesn't! It makes my lips look bigger and brighter and moisturises them very well. This product enhances the natural colour of  your lips. One day when my lips where sunburned I put this on to moisturise them and it turned them bright red without making them look unnatural like lipstick does. It was absolutely perfect for going out that night and I didn't have to worry about touching up my lips :)



MORINGA BEAUTIFYING OIL by Body Shop
Use: I've just discovered this product and it's amazing. It's not as scented as other Body Shop product but has a nice soft smell. It is a light oil that doesn't leave a fatty layer on the skin, but is fully absorbed and is amazingly moisturising. I used after I have showered in the evening. I make sure my face is a little moist. Then I pour a few drops on my palms, warm the product up between my hands and softly press my hands on my face, making sure all is covered. I DON'T rub, I only press. Then I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning my face is super soft and so moisturised that I don't need a moisturiser in the morning. This product is so easy to use and super cheap. I bought it for about 10 Euros. You can also use it for your hair. Throughout your hair as a hair mask or just on the tips of your hair to prevent split ends. It's great on your legs to after shaving, too.



EYE BRIGHTINING MASCARA by Max Factor
Use: I LOVE mascara! It wakes up my face and I just love the look of long full lashes. My lashes are pretty long, but need definition and on nights out a little volume too. I always have on average about ten mascara's in my staple, but this one is the best and most used. I have the one for blue eyes, because I have blue eyes, surprise, surprise. The colour is dark grey to black and it contains a very fine greyish blueish sparkle that just makes my eyes shine. I look so happy when I have this on it's amazing! The mascara doesn't add much length or volume, but separates the lashes nicely and that about all I need during the day. It doesn't smudge and is easily removed. It is not enough for a night on the town, but does the job for almost any other occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment